Hexgears Gemini Dawn Mechanical Keyboard
Note: This is a pre-order. Please view the weekly update page for more information. Production is expected to begin in the near future.
The Gemini Dawn mechanical keyboard pairs warp speed input with super-bright RGB LEDs and advanced programming features — it's the ultimate gaming peripheral. A machined all-metal case, custom PBT doubleshot keycaps, and hot-swap switch sockets set the Gemini Dawn light years ahead of lesser offerings.
Match your desk, rig, and peripherals with a Gemini Dawn. You can also investigate the Gemini Dusk, its cryptic shadow-colored twin. Both have keys that shine like suns in more than 16 million colors.
Interested in a different kind of keyboard?
Check out our newest wireless keyboard on Kickstarter, the Venture!
durable pbt keycaps
The Gemini Dawn's doubleshot PBT-plastic keycaps are massively better than the cheap ABS-plastic caps used in big-name keyboards. ABS keycaps get shiny, discolor, and often have painted legends (letters) that wear off quickly. Our PBT keycaps resist shine, shrug off discoloration, and maintain a comfortable texture. Their two-part manufacturing method means that letters are virtually impossible to wear off — each one goes all the way through its keycap.
A never-before-seen Cherry profile PBT doubleshot keycap set, with shine-through legends and 1.5mm thick walls, has been sourced for the Gemini Dawn. This provides a substantial upgrade over the keycaps originally advertised with the keyboard. The set will likely appear on future projects as well.
Comfort and style complement Gemini Dawn's performance. Dual USB-C ports provide future-proofing and effective cable management options. Flip out feet (an irritating relic from the 80s) are nixed in favor of a magnetic angle adjustment bar. Custom-made LEDs pump out extra light. All of those features, and more, are amplified by unmatched control over your gaming experience.
open source advantage
Hexgears partnered with Input Club, a group of keyboard enthusiasts, to make their vision of keyboard precision widely accessible. Optimized Open Source firmware and a powerful microcontroller translate your finger movements into onscreen action.
Customization doesn't stop at the firmware level — you can change switches at will with the Gemini Dawn's hot-swap sockets. Try different mechanical switches easily and quickly; create the perfect switch layout based on your preferences. No soldering necessary. That means you can have linear switches, tactile switches, and clicky switches in the same keyboard (if that's your thing).
updated gaming / media layout
Hexgears and Input Club are changing a few keys on the default TKL layout to increase functionality without losing features. We will have more to announce in the future.
- Weight: 1.1 kg / 38.8 oz (keyboard + magnetic angle adjustment bar)
- Dimensions: 36.8 x 14 x 3.6 cm (14.5 x 5.5 x 1.4 in)
- Per-key programmable RGB lighting + animations, super bright LEDs
- Available with Kailh Box Brown (Tactile), Red (Linear), or White (Clicky) Mechanical Switches
- Machined all-metal case and top plate
- Custom doubleshot PBT shine-through keycaps in Cherry profile
- Mechanical switch hot-swap sockets, right to repair friendly
- Fully programmable layout via Open Source firmware (Input Club KLL)
- Dual USB-C ports for optimal cable management (no hub capabilities)
- Magnetic angle adjustment bar / foot, removable
- SAM4S ARM Cortex-M4 microcontroller
- Updated game and media focused ANSI tenkeyless layout
- Fulfilled by Kono Store in the US
- 1 Year Limited — parts and workmanship