Kira Mechanical Keyboard
Compatibility Note: Box switches may cause cracking in certain aftermarket ABS keycap sets — notably those from GMK. PBT / POM keycaps will not crack, but they may experience stretching. Kira's stock keycaps are not affected. We are investigating the issue.
Kira is our finest full sized mechanical keyboard design. Angelo Tobias (thesiscamper) and Input Club collaborated to create Kira’s uniquely classy RGB aesthetic. Kira comes with a variety of mechanical switches, which are hot swappable. It can be configured with Input Club’s typist friendly Hako Switches and a variety of options from other manufacturers.
This is a pre-order. Kira is expected to ship by October 2018.
Standard Kira has an injection molded plastic frame. Metal Kira has a CNC metal aluminum frame.
Note: If you're interested in a custom black keycap set, please view the group buy here: DSA Groove GB
Kira’s 99-key condensed layout packs the functionality of a standard full size keyboard into a better form factor. Custom dye-sublimated PBT keycaps enhance its unique functionality. Its keycaps will resist wear and finger oils for much longer than those of an average keyboard.
Hardware programmability makes every key a powerful macro — no active software necessary. Kira uses an open source firmware called Keyboard Layout Language (KLL) that allows it to work seamlessly on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS. Its future-proof USB-C connector is strong and easy to use.
- 99 Key Condensed Full Size Layout
- Hot Swappable Switches
- Injection Molded Plastic or CNC Aluminum Keyboard Frame
- Fully Programmable Without Active Software
- Per Key Configurable RGB Lighting and Underglow
- PBT Dye Sublimated Keycaps
- USB Type-C to Type-A Cable
- RGB LED Indicator Lights
- N-Key Rollover
- Compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac
- Open Source Hardware
- Length: 378.2 mm
- Width: 130.25 mm
- Front Bezel Height: 21.8 mm
- Rear Bezel Height: 40.4 mm
- Hako True - Clean and Smooth Tactile
- Hako Clear - Slightly Firmer Tactile
- Hako Violet - Light and Airy Tactile
- Kaihua Speed Copper - Faster Tactile
- Box Reds - Reduced Wobble Linear
- Novelkeys Box Pale Blue - Sharp, Heavy, and Clicky
- Novelkeys Royal Purple - Super Tactile with Smooth Bumps
- Cherry MX RGB Brown - Standard Quiet Workhorse
- Cherry MX RGB Blue - Loud and Smooth Clicky