Gopolar Tai-Chi GG86 Mechanical Keyboard Kit
Note: This is a Group Buy that launched February 22nd and closes April 1st. Please check the Weekly Updates page for current status of production. Pre-orders for extra stock will go live soon.
Release the limits of your keyboard experience with the Gopolar Tai-Chi. This 86-key keyboard is endlessly customizable with a hot-swappable PCB, OLED display, and programmable RGB LEDs. Use QMK firmware to make macros, additional layers, and custom OLED displays.
The polycarbonate case embraces minimalism with a screw-less, snap-in-place design. A mute silicon layer acts as a gasket, reducing noise and absorbing the force of keystrokes. The FR4 plate strikes a balance between aluminum and polycarbonate, offering a solid yet flexible typing experience. The keyboard's height can be adjusted with extendable back legs.
The Tai-Chi G86 was designed in honor of an ancient artform that emphasizes balance, minimalism, and graceful movement. A combination of exercise, yoga, and breathing practices, Tai-Chi can be used in self-defense but is most often used as a technique to relieve stress.
Check out the paired Gopolar Azure Dragon Switches!
- 1x PCB with OLED display
- 1x mute silicone layer
- 1x silicone dampener
- 1x FR4 stock plate
- 1x polycarbonate case
- 1x USB-C cable
- 4x 2u stabilizers
- 1x 7u stabilizer
- Metal crowbar (case opening tool)
- Embroidered wooden box
- Custom stabilizer and poron sponge
- Vacuum metalizing switch puller
- Silicone incisor module
- Martial arts secrets (manual)
- Designed by Gopolar
- Width: 36.5cm
- Length: 13.8cm
- Front height: 2.1cm (without keycaps)
- Back height: 3.1cm (without keycaps)
- Angle: 4.5/5.5°
- Weight: 810g
- Number of keys: 86 keys
- Body Material: ABS plastic
- Plate: Immersion Gold FR-4
- Backlight: South-facing RGB LED
- PCB: Hot-swappable (5 pin & 3 pin) South-facing
- Stabilizers: Unlubed PCB-mounted screw-in stabilizer made by Gopolar
- Connectivity: Wired USB Type-C
- Software: QMK/VIA
- OLED Screen: Supports QMK programming
- Only supports 7u spacebar
- Compatible with 3-pin and 5-pin switches